If there’s one thing that I learned last week, it’s that I should take my weekends more seriously. My newfound enthusiasm for work took it’s toll on me and I found myself too exhausted to do anything else, making me nearly unpleasant. Not good. So this week, I made a conscious effort to strike that balance between work and having a life and I’m happy to say that my grand plan was achieved.
So here are my recommendations for a perfect weekend.
1. Plan your work week ahead. Plain and simple. Being prepared pays off and I had a worry-free weekend. All work and no play sucks big time!
2. Be productive. If there are errands that you need to accomplish, get them done right away. That way, you can still have the rest of the weekend to play.
2. Get some quality couch time. Everybody needs some good couch time where very little thinking is involved. I spent Saturday night watching the last two episodes of The Game of Thrones and Ep. 4 of The Mega Fashion Crew. Nothing like brainless activity to rehabilitate the weary soul.
3. Get a good workout in. This coincides with #3. You need to compensate for all that couch time. So take an hour or so and break out into a good sweat. There’s nothing like a good endorphin high and feeling good about yourself.
4. Make time to see your friends. It doesn’t matter whether you have one friend or a whole barangay catch up with, just make time to socialize. It’s always good to keep in touch and I don’t mean Facebook.
5. Make time for your loved one. Last week was horrible as I would come home and just pass out. This weekend, I made sure that we were able to go out for a proper dinner and catch up over good food and wine.
6. Do something you enjoy. I spent a lot of time in the kitchen this weekend and cooked up a storm. For Sunday lunch, I made a mean pork adobo care of CJL. Best recipe I’ve ever tried!
I feel amazing that I got so much done this week. What’s even better is that I’m ready to take on another work week. Bring it on, Monday!