I really don’t get what the fuss over tomorrow’s date is all about. Sure, the numbers look cool and to write that as your birthday would be pretty neat, but what’s the big deal? Is the world supposed to end tomorrow or is this nothing but an homage to a number?
So without knowing the date’s real significance, here are eleven activities that you can do on November 11, 2011.
1. Have eleven friends over and eat eleven of everything that’s served for dinner. For example, eat eleven spaghetti noodles, eleven chicken wings, eleven grapes, even eleven shots of something if your liver is up for it!
2. Run 11 kilometers. I wonder how many runners are going to do this tomorrow?
3. Consciously try to burn 111,111 calories. Ok, let’s be realistic and keep it to 1,111. Running 11 kilometers twice will surely help you achieve that.
4. Give eleven compliments. By giving eleven compliments, you are making eleven people happy.
5. Hide eleven notes for for your significant other to find on that day.
6. Cook something from page eleven of your favorite cookbook.
7. Write a poem about how your life currently is and write it in eleven lines.
8. Create an eleven minute video of your entire day and contribute it to the 11 Eleven Project.
9. Find and purchase something that’s worth eleven of your country’s currency. This is also a great way your country’s economic status during 11.11.11. I wonder what I can buy for 11Php?
10. Read eleven pages from your favorite book. Mine would be The Unbearable Lightness of Being or What I Talk About When I Talk About Running.
11. Take eleven photographs to document your entire day and make an 11.11.11 time capsule .
So, can you guess what my next post will be about?