Vegetarian or not, you will like this one. I promise.
VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE
- 2 aubergines, sliced horizontally and grilled until soft
- 1 k. spinach, sautéed in garlic and olive oil, and drained of water
- 300g. cottage cheese
- 1 125g. greek yogurt / any plain yogurt
- 750g. canned or homemade tomato sauce
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- lasagna sheets
1. In a 9 inch ceramic pan, drizzle some olive oil and cover the bottom with about 4 tbsp. of tomato sauce. Layer with lasagna sheets, followed by the grilled aubergines. Season first layer with salt and pepper.
2. Generously cover the first layer with tomato sauce.
3. Create second layer by placing more lasagna sheets. Combine the cottage cheese and yogurt and pour over the lasagna sheets. Season again with salt and pepper.
4. Make sure that the spinach is drained of excess water. Put spinach on top of cottage cheese mixture. Add herbs.
5. Cover final layer with lasagna sheets, tomato sauce and garnish however you like.
6. Cook uncovered in a 350˚F oven for 45 minutes. Drizzle with some olive oil.
Please drop me a line and tell me what you think about the recipe. :)